Know How – Distilling Spirits at Home
- How to make moonshine at home?
- What should I pay attention to when preparing a moonshine mash?
- How can I avoid the formation of poisonous methanol?
- When must the moonshine be diluted?
- Which kind of still do I need for distilling spirits at home?
You are distilling spirits? If you make your own alcohol at home, you’ll probably need some calculations to produce moonshine by yourself. Here you find the main calculators online:
- After distilling spirits at home you have to dilute the alcohol: The alcohol dilution calculator computes the amount of water needed to dilute the alcohol you received after distilling.
- Mixing two liquids with different alcohol contents for distilling: calculate the moonshine alcohol percentage
- Sugar-alcohol-conversion calculator: Yeast converts sugar to alcohol. Find out how much sugar is needed to get a certain alcohol content in a mash or wine.
- Alcoholometry of sugary liquors: Calculator to determine exactly the moonshine alcohol content in homemade sugary alcoholic beverages.
- Specialist questions: Here you can put questions on how to make homemade alcohol, they will be answered by Dr. Schmickl and Dr. Malle.
- Moonshine mash recipes and spirits recipes: Exchange moonshine recipes with others on mashes, spirits, and infusions. Or do you already know a fancy spirit recipe which you want to share?
- How to make alcohol? Discuss with others all topics on distilling spirits and find numerous instructions for constructing your own still.
Information on purchasing a small copper still and self-constructed stills:
- How to make a homemade still? Foto gallery of self-constructed stills from all over the world. Here you can find ideas for your self-constructed alcohol still.
- Six rules for your self-construction or the purchase of a moonshine still.
How to Make Moonshine – 5 Steps
Finally there is a short beginners’ instruction for how do you make moonshine in good quality:
- Five steps to get your own distilled spirits.
- Further information you find in our books about home distilling, distill videos, blog-moonshine, essential oil and vinegar and our distillation classes.