Expertise on distilling schnapps
- How can I distill a brandy or spirit by myself?
- What should I pay attention to when preparing an alcoholic mash?
- How can I avoid the formation of poisonous methanol?
- When must the distillate be diluted?
- Which kind of still do I need for the distillation?
If you make your own alcohol at home, you’ll probably need some calculations to produce spirits by yourself. Here you find the main calculators online:
- After the distillation of alcohol you have to dilute the alcohol: Calculate the amount of water needed to dilute the alcohol you received after distilling.
- Mixing two liquids with different alcohol contents for distilling
- Sugar-alcohol-conversion: Yeast converts sugar to alcohol. Find out how much sugar is needed to get a certain alcohol content in a mash or wine.
- Alcoholometry of sugary liquors: Calculator to determine exactly the alcohol content in homemade sugary alcoholic beverages.
You have questions on how to distill alcohol or about an alcohol moonshiner still? You find a lot of know-how in our forums on home distillation:
- Specialist questions: Here you can put questions on distilling spirits, they will be answered by Dr. Schmickl and Dr. Malle.
- Recipes: Exchange experience with others on mashes, spirits, and infusions. Or do you already know a fancy spirit recipe which you want to share?
- Discussion: Discuss with others all topics on distilling alcohol and find numerous instructions for constructing your own still.
Information on purchasing small copper moonshine stills and self-constructed stills:
- Foto gallery of self-constructed stills from all over the world. Here you can find ideas for your self-constructed alcohol still.
- Six rules for your self-construction or the purchase of an alcohol still.
Five Steps to Get Distilled Spirits
Finally there is a short beginners’ instruction for how to distill alcohol at home in good quality:
- Five steps to get your own distilled spirits.